Outlook for Microsoft 365 Outlook 2021 Outlook 2019 Outlook 2016 Outlook 2013 Office for business Office 365 Small Business Outlook 2010 Less
Having trouble connecting to your email from Outlook on your desktop? Follow these steps to let Outlook diagnose and fix errors in your Outlook mail profile that might be causing the issue.
Do you have an Microsoft 365 account?
The Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant can diagnose and fix several Outlook issues for you, including fixing your Outlook profile. To download and install the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant, click download the tool. Once installed, the application will run automatically.
Repair a profile in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016
- In Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, or Outlook 2016, choose File.
- Choose Account Settings > Account Settings.
- On the Email tab, choose your account (profile), and then choose Repair.Note: The Repair option isn’t available if you’re using Outlook 2016 to connect to an Exchange account.
- Follow the prompts in the wizard, and when you’re done, restart Outlook.
Outlook connection still not working?
- Run Windows Update to make sure you have the latest updates for Outlook and other desktop apps for Microsoft 365.
- Download and run the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant.